Taxi Cabs : 8 Useful Lifestyle Tips

by - 9/09/2015


There are different ways of public transportation in Philippines. It depends on the commuters choice. Some just took a jeepney in order to save money, some take private motorcycles or habal-habal for easy access to traffic and some prefers taxi cab for safety and comfort. It depends on one's lifestyle.

While living in a city, it's unavoidable to ride a taxi for some reasons. It could be keeping up with the time or no other option. So I'm sharing some personal tips to you if you're riding a taxi cab.

1. P10 Cut-off

- Since March 2015, LTFRB announced a rollback price at P30 for the flag-down rate for the taxi cabs. But for some reason, taxi meters still displays P40 upon your sit. LTFRB is still working on this so they advise to manually deduct P10 for your bill. 


2. GrabTaxi

- There are many booking mobile applications for taxis in the Philippines but I suggest using GrabTaxi. What makes it different is because it offers promotions. There was one time that I only pay P10 for my whole ride. They will send promo codes every month. It varies from your location. Example is QURNF3 Promo code for the month of September is only valid for Cebu. You may download the application here.


3. Avoid queuing lines

- Hate long lines? In some Malls, they have a specific waiting area for taxis. But as expected it will be flocked by commuters. A simple trick is wait for some taxi outside the malls or simply wait in areas where taxi usually stop and drop their customers. It could be the entrance.


4. Hand-carry

- As long as possible, if you can carry your stuffs by yourself carry it then. Avoid using the trunk at the back. It is usual for us to forget, in my case I often forget that I had stuffs on the trunk. Always remember that some drivers are tricky and they won't remind you about it. 



5. Always ask for Receipts

- You can now prompt to ask for a receipt for your ride. It's very important to have a receipt for your every ride. Not just for inventory or liquidation purposes but it will also help you track down the taxi you ride on. As mentioned earlier, we often forget or accidentally dropped personal belongings inside the taxi. So in case this happens, you can track the taxi using the information in your receipt. See?


6. Airport Taxi

- This might be a common trick but not all are aware. Airport taxi is really costly. So if you'd like to save get a taxi outside the airport. There is really a huge difference in price.


7. Distance Matters

- Some taxi drivers ask your destination first before they let you get in. This is really frustrating especially when you're destination is kinda remote or very far. Expect a numerous of drivers to refuse. For this kind of problem I usually trick drivers by telling them to drop me on some nearby common place then in the middle of your ride tell the driver you changed your destination. It's effective I swear. Or if you're not good at tricks then you can offer them additional payment or tips.


8. Familiarization

- To avoid driver tricking you, you must be clever enough. You might have heard that some drivers take the long route so you'll be paying more. But if you show them that you are like very familiar of the route of your destination even if its your first time just don't show ignorance on your face,





You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. Hi Jacinth! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I've found these tips quite useful! I do apply tip #9 here when I take cabs, sometimes I don't know the route to my destination but I pretend I do, haha. Thanks for sharing!!
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha You're welcome Deb ^_^

      But I wonder where's no. 9 :) Yeah! Probably cause this tips apply in our local only :D :D
      Philippines is strange!

      Jace | www.laagpamore.net

      Delete
  2. Great post, very helpful!

    http://www.girlcandress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. taxi rides are very cheap in Mostar (BIH), so I sometimes used them, but I try to walk as much as possible, so I sometimes avoid taxis.
    Great tips!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good lifestyle .. a pretty walk keeps you fit .. You know avoiding fats to develop :)

      Jace | www.laagpamore.net

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this helpful tips
    It's nice to know that taxi in Philippines has been cut with P10 :)
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha me too Zarrah .. I was surprised to know this ..

      Jace | www.laagpamore.net

      Delete
  5. That's interesting to know, Jace! Most of time I try to avoid calling a taxi but I definitely gonna remember your tips when visiting the Philippines one day! ;)

    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! Looking forward for your visit! :D

      Jace | www.laagpamore.net

      Delete
  6. I could not agree more with this. Very informative and I hope everyone is aware of this taxi tips.
    It pays to know and to read. Keep those post coming Jace. :)

    cheers from: https://masterryo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Expect more Lifestyle Blogs! ^_^ hehehehe

      Jace | www.laagpamore.net

      Delete
  7. Wow! Nice one bro... im cab driver also for 10yrs in cebu ,but now not active ... actually I have blog were same concept but mayn is focusing tourist guide... ♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see ... thanks Ronald .. Is there something I wrote that could offense you??? I was wondering :D :D

      Delete
  8. Taxi's are oftentimes hard to get especially in Manila. If you're travelling to a traffic zone..they will not accept you as a passenger. Why is that so?

    ReplyDelete
  9. very Informative blog!!!


    stretch limousine hire sydney for your Trips and Tours.......

    ReplyDelete